I Never Chose to be A Lesbian

By , Lacey, WA
I never chose to be a lesbian. I never chose to be called a faggot, to be spit on, to be ridiculed for who i am. But i go through it all the time. And i go through it with pride for knowing that i can accept myself. Everyday I see young religious boys and girls getting all beat up because they don't think their good enough for heaven, but they all still get to go. At least that's what the bible says.

I knew a girl in middle school, she was my best friend, and one day after telling her about my orientation i told her she was perfect but her response scared me. She said mentally she wasn't. I was scared that she thought that since she couldn't control her thoughts that she wasn't good enough. I didn't know if it was because she thought she had to have perfect thoughts to go to heaven, but that's what popped into my head because she's very religious. All I want is for people to understand that it's okay to be different. It's okay if you think a different way than others. And it is most certainly okay to be gay. After all, there's no proof of god yet is there? And the bible has lots of faults as far as i know. I believe that the afterlife is what you make it, be it heaven or any other place you like, and we go because we have been true to ourselves and others.

So take a moment, even if you hate homosexuals so much you see red, to think about how you actually feel. Is it really you that hates them or what you've been taught that hates them? It was the latter for my dad. After I told him he gained a new perspective on homosexuality. He still believes in god and prays and reads the bible but he accepts me too. I think that's a true christian...one that still has their beliefs but can accept people for who they are and not force religion down their throats. Rather than the kind that is so self righteous that they can't even look at people who are different.

All I wanted to say is that it's okay to be yourself. You can hate me, bash me, hell you can even call me up and preach in my ear for an hour, but it won't change the fact that I'm a homosexual. It won't change the fact that 1 in 3 people are either. So go ahead and do what you like because i will too. As long as other people read this and can see people with a different light I'll be happy. So please, if you have a moment, think about what you've just read and try to think of people as equals. Not just gays but everybody that's different. Thank you.(: ?

Katie1234 said...
Please point out some faults in the Bible. And show me one area where God is not evident. God loves everyone. I know God loves me, despite my imperfections. And I know God loves you despite yours. One thing, I don' believe that one sin is any worse than the others. So, if some religious person ever disses on you for who you are... Just tell them that they sin too. My sins don't outweigh yours, nor do yours outweigh mine. 

Jujija said...
good job :)