Loved | Teen Ink

Loved

July 27, 2011
By Anonymous

What does he see in me?
When I look in the mirror I see a pale skinned girl with a sad face. I see that her eyes are too close together, her face is too long, and her smile is crooked. I look at my body. My boobs are too pointy, my muffin top sticks out, and my back is too flabby. My legs are too long. My shoulders are too broad. My back dimples are weird. My hair is a mess. I look in the mirror and I see a girl that’s incapable of being loved.
When I look at him, his eyes look straight back into mine. His mouth curves into a happy smile, and his laugh is contagious. His body is more than fabulous. I look at him and I see my best friend. He is perfect in my eyes. What I see in front of me is someone every girl wants.
When I look around me, I see girls with pretty faces and confident smiles. I see girls with flat bellies and perfect hair. They have all the right proportions and non-pointy boobs. I see girls that don’t have as many mood swings as me. They are nice like him, not sarcastic like me.
Yet he tells me I am beautiful. He holds my face in his hands and tells me he loves me. He says that he loves my body. He proudly holds my hand, unaware of all the other pretty faces around us. It’s like they don’t exist. He tells me that there isn’t one thing he would change about me.
When I look in his eyes, I know he truly believes that. I know that when he looks at me, he sees a girl that IS loved, by him.