Dear Future Me

How are you? What happened? How much did you change? Do you think differently? Are you upset at me or happy? What did I do wrong? Do you wish you could stopped me from the things I did or will do? Well I’m here now, but you can’t answer. I hope you’re not crying. This is hard enough without thinking of you crying. Are you going to write back? Or will it hurt too much? Am I happy? Am I alive? Oh god. Is the future bad, did we kill the Earth? Or is it wonderful, the utopia we all hold to? Or is it pretty much the same, and it that a good thing? Did I graduate, went to college, got a job, got married, had kids? Or did something else happen? But remember me now, when you wrote this, that you believed in living without regrets, that every mistake is to be learned from. Learn and move on remember? I hope you do. Please don’t change too much, I like how I am right now. In the sense of minds I mean. You know what I value, I hope you still do, they mean a lot to me so keep them close. I know you’ll look back and laugh at my foolishness over the years but remember, I’m just a girl creating herself.