expectation | Teen Ink

expectation

By Ckandybhear BRONZE, Jackson, Mississippi
Ckandybhear BRONZE, Jackson, Mississippi

"gravity can not be held responsible for why we fall in love."

Okay here’s the deal, I don’t believe that all men are the same, so don’t prove me wrong. As long as you give me a reason to, you will have my trust, because words are only as good as the man who says them. If you aren’t any good, than what does that say about your word? I’ll try to keep my flirtatious ways between you and I, if you’ll try to do the same thing. And I’ll stay faithful as long as you know where “home” is. You can call these girls sexy all you want, but don’t think about calling me beautiful, and then turning to another and doing the same.

Just don’t treat me like a rebound, because I refuse to sit here and wait around until you’re ready. I won’t wait for you to call or text me about being serious. I will not be your back up just in case something went wrong with her. I won’t be your second choice when I know I’m more than worth first place.

If you don’t mean it, then please don’t say it, because I won’t believe all of these pick-up lines. No matter how corny, cheesy, or silly they are. Some may place a smile on my face, others will even make me giggle and laugh uncontrollably, but I will not be fooled by your slick talk and oh-so-smooth swagger. So don’t tell me that I’m your world, my smile is like magic, my laugh is like music, and if you had a nickel for every time you saw someone as beautiful as me you’d have five cents, because even though the last one may be true, I won’t believe you.

I am a princess, but not spoiled, picky, nor conceited. I may ask for you to buy me things, but I am not a gold-digger. If I only wanted you for your money then I would play the game as well as they say guys do. Trust me, when I say I don’t need your money, I don’t need it. It’s nice to have someone who can buy things, especially if they’re expensive and for you, but I don’t need it. I’ll love you without the money.

I am different. I like to play video games. Halo 3, Grand Theft Auto, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Bandicoot, The Sims, so on and so forth. I love to watch wrestling and action movies. I may not be too into scary stuff, but once I’ve already seen it, I laugh the second, third, and fourth time around. And maybe you haven’t been reading or comprehending this well, but if you haven’t noticed by now, let me tell you, I’m not really looking for a fairytale.

As sweet as being everything to you may be, it’s not that necessary, but being a major part in your life, is. You don’t have to think about me every single second of every single day. I’m pretty sure you’re going to need some room up there in that brain of yours, so that you can think about some other things.
I just want something... Honest. Trustworthy. Faithful. Adventurous. Romantic. Spontaneous. Complicated. Stupid. Crazy. Boring. Outrageous. Difficult. Challenging. Lovely. Bitter. Fearful. Enlightening. Sweet. Dramatic. Worthwhile. Speechless. Mind-Blowing. Creative. Cheesy. Surreal. Random. Surprising. Loving. Real.
<3

It's definitely just my way of saying what I'm looking for. Its not to be picky or rude. Not to be mean or ask for something that I literally can't have. This is just me expressing myself. This is how I see females in general NOT looking at the male population. And how some females expose themselves in all types of ways. This is how I want to expose myself. With out nude pictures and crazy stereotypes. Without being a statistic.
Just simply being me.