The Hardest Thing | Teen Ink

The Hardest Thing

July 14, 2011
By saveurheart BRONZE, LaPorte, Indiana
saveurheart BRONZE, LaPorte, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You've only got one chance at this life and what you do with it is up to you." ~Peyton Sawyr(One Tree Hill)
"If two people are meant to be together, they always find their way in teh end." ~my best friend


The hardest thing to do, is watch you love her. To watch you forget about me and fall more for her and her ways. I know I’m not the prettiest girl out there, but I’ll bet you I was the one who loved you the most. And boy, I loved you for you. I didn’t love you for the way you looked or the way you dress. I didn’t love you for the clothes you wore or the sports you played. I loved you for who you were when you were around me. When you talked to me you were that boy I fell head over heals for.
In school you were always THAT boy. That boy all the girls wanted more than anything. That boy that could get any girl you wanted. I wasn’t that girl I couldn’t get any boy I wanted but I thought I could get you. You made me believe that you wanted me like I wanted you for so long. I remember almost every word you said to me. All the good. And all the bad. I remember the nights we hung out-they are burnt into my memory for life. You were all I wanted forever and I thought I finally got you.
When we stopped talking, I couldn’t take it. You should know I cried myself to sleep night after night. I denied that I loved you but they all knew, they could see it in my eyes. I hurt for you so bad, I would have done anything to get you to even look at me. All I wanted was to talk to you one more time and find out what happened…why you lied to me.
When I close my eyes, I still see your face. It’s been three years since everything happened but for me its always been you and it always will be I fear. You’ve always been the one who knows how to make me happy on my worst days. You’ve always been the one who can make me smile when I’m ready to cry. You’ve always been the one. The one I’ve wanted for so long. The one I could really see myself with. I know with you I’d never get bored and I’d never want to be done.
All those girls got to call you theirs. They got to be your girl. They were who I was jealous of. All those girls got to be your world for the time being. They didn’t have to wait in a line for you. They didn’t have to hate seeing you with another girl because they got you. You will never know how bad it hurt me. How bad it hurts me. All I ever wanted was to be your girl…I thought I made it clear to you…
You will never know how bad I hurt. You will never know how many tears I cry for you. You’ll never know how I dream of you or how I wish for you when I’m with a guy. You will never know how I miss you. You’ll never know this pain in my heart that only you can heal. Only you can fix my heart, you are after all the one who broke it to being with. You lied and I believed. You smiled and I fell harded. You held my hand and I flew. I wanted you, nothing more than you. You were, and still are, my one wish when I look up to the shy and find a single star. Its you I wish for. I could wish for love, for money, for happiness, for anything else, but I wish for you. I wish I could redo it all…I just wish for one more chance to be yours…its all I’ve ever dreamed of.
I just want you to call me your girl. I want you to be the guy my parents hate so much, but yet, they love you because you make me the happiest I’ve ever been. I wanna be the only girl you need. The only one you stay with forever. All my life I’ve wanted this, one day I’ll realize you don’t care. I’ll realize that you’ve been a waste of my time. I’ll forget the lies you said to me and I’ll forget your careful touch. I’ll forget your eyes that pulled me in and your smile that I fell for. I’ll forget what it felt like to hug you. I know that day will come and when it does, it will be because of him.


The author's comments:
I was inspired by that one boy we can't forget..