Having inner beauty | Teen Ink

Having inner beauty

By writerchik_123 BRONZE, Miramar, Florida
writerchik_123 BRONZE, Miramar, Florida

When you can live forever what do you live for?

-Edward Cullen

The second the door closed I went to my Mother's room. She was going out with my Dad and wouldn't be home for a good two hours. My baby sister was asleep so I didn't have to worry about her for a while. I ran to my Mother's bathroom. I look under the sink to find the makeup bag. All my life I have felt so insecure about how I look. Today I was hoping that if I wore the makeup I could make myself look prettier.I am a very petite girl. 14 years old and still can't fit into a size 0. I have to shop at gap kids for jeans. I am about 5'1 and have long brown hair and dark chocolate brown eyes. Some people may think that's pretty, but in reality it's nothing special. I put on the eyeliner as I've seen my Mother do many times before. I put on just about everything in the bag. When I was done I took a step back to take it all in. I almost start to cry. I looked like a circus clown. I washed it all of and went into my room. I began to look at my self in the full length mirror. My blue jeans hugged my waist and my hello kitty t-shirt clung to my body. I turned and looked at myself. My body seemed okay. There wasn't anything that I could see that needed changing besides height. I looked at my face. I just couldn't seem to find one good thing about it. I was starting to develop some acne. My ears seemed too big and so did my eyes. It made me look even younger. All I could see were the flaws. But then I started to feel different. I looked at my eyes. They were big and pretty. My best feature. I looked at my nose to see that it was actually better than most girls. Perfectly straight but in that good way. I began to think that there may be some hope for me. I realized that to be beautiful doesn't mean you have to wear make-up or you have to be skinny. To be beautiful you just have to be yourself and don't worry about society's definition of beauty. Just by being true to yourself you have unlocked the best kind of beauty. Inner beauty. That's the kind that really matters in life.

I hope you guys like it. I know it's kind of raw but I really wanted you guys to see it.

AKwritten said...
AKwritten, Anchorage, Alaska
Is this about you or is it fiction but anyways it;s really good by the way