I May Be Love's B***h, But At Least I'm Woman Enough To Admit It | Teen Ink

I May Be Love's B***h, But At Least I'm Woman Enough To Admit It

By WishfulDoer GOLD, Portland, Oregon
WishfulDoer GOLD, Portland, Oregon

If ignorance is bliss, why is our country so complicated?

I’m so tired of being told who to date. I’m tired of people telling me that if I get back together with him, they won’t be my friends anymore. Why, huh? Why won’t you be my friends? Who’s to say that you were my friends to begin with, if you’re just going to abandon me because I love someone you don’t approve of? I love him; don’t you see that? I blush when I talk to him, and stutter, and stare after him when we say goodbye.

You say it’s all just an infatuation. You say it’s not real and I’ll get over it sooner or later. Why do you assume he’s not good enough for me? I’m done with the why’s and how’s. I’m done with trying to pretend I don’t care about him. He learned how to play piano for me, and stopped cutting because of me, and I was his valentine. He cares, so why shouldn’t I?

Love isn’t in the brain. Love’s in your blood, screaming at you to do it’s bidding. Love gives you guidance, and keeps you on course. Love is your guardian when you’re left all alone. And you know what? At this point, love is all I have left.

This is a personal experience, and was meant to be portrayed like a diary piece or a letter. I am still fighting with some inner demons, and any courage that can be shared to help me face the guy I love would make me feel amazing.

LaChouette GOLD, Mount Vernon, New York

“And then there are the times when the wolves are silent and the moon is howling.”
- George Carlin

All I can say is if you feel you really love him, then you shouldn't worry what others say. I think, eventually, even the ones who say he's no good for you will stop saying those things. This a good piece and great title! :D (I'm not sure why I'm offering advice on this topic. It's not really my strong point...at all, but I hope you find it helpful! If you don't, that's fine too! Good Luck!)

on Jul. 16 2011 at 4:23 am
IAmWhoIWantToBe PLATINUM, Manila, Other

‎"I’m learning how to drown out the constant noise that is such an inseparable part of my life. I don’t have to prove anything to anyone. I only have to follow my heart and concentrate on what I want to say to the world: I run my world." - Beyoncé

Well, it's a good thing you know what love is... when most only know what they see outside.

Well, on the last paragraph, I think it's should be its with the apostrophe (').

This article is good. Way to keep writing!

on Jul. 8 2011 at 7:27 am
Zinaidia SILVER, Moreno Valley, California

\\\"Whatever you are, be a good one.\\\"

5 stars by the way!

on Jul. 8 2011 at 7:26 am

Wow, this was a good piece.

And btw, true friends wont care who you date as long as you are happy. If you love him, go for it 

Also, very nice title haha. 

on Jul. 6 2011 at 12:27 am
SecretFlame PLATINUM, Portland, Oregon

"I have a life. I just choose to ignore it."
-one of my friends

Never ever change! Love who you love! Be yourself! Never let anyone tell you different!

inki3 BRONZE said...
inki3 BRONZE, Allendale, New Jersey

"Never pretend to be a unicorn by sticking a plunger on your head"

- Martin Espada (famos poet and story teller)

Bravo, I love this peice, I love the theme of it. Keep writing, you are good at it.

Katsmile2012 SILVER, Independence, California

"Stand up straight: People will think you know what you're doing, and soon you will too!"-A close Friend

Please-love who you love

But don' let anyone change

who you are- stay strong