I May Be Love's B***h, But At Least I'm Woman Enough To Admit It

I’m so tired of being told who to date. I’m tired of people telling me that if I get back together with him, they won’t be my friends anymore. Why, huh? Why won’t you be my friends? Who’s to say that you were my friends to begin with, if you’re just going to abandon me because I love someone you don’t approve of? I love him; don’t you see that? I blush when I talk to him, and stutter, and stare after him when we say goodbye.

You say it’s all just an infatuation. You say it’s not real and I’ll get over it sooner or later. Why do you assume he’s not good enough for me? I’m done with the why’s and how’s. I’m done with trying to pretend I don’t care about him. He learned how to play piano for me, and stopped cutting because of me, and I was his valentine. He cares, so why shouldn’t I?

Love isn’t in the brain. Love’s in your blood, screaming at you to do it’s bidding. Love gives you guidance, and keeps you on course. Love is your guardian when you’re left all alone. And you know what? At this point, love is all I have left.

LaChouette This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
All I can say is if you feel you really love him, then you shouldn't worry what others say. I think, eventually, even the ones who say he's no good for you will stop saying those things. This a good piece and great title! :D (I'm not sure why I'm offering advice on this topic. It's not really my strong point...at all, but I hope you find it helpful! If you don't, that's fine too! Good Luck!)

Alon_Freevoice said...
Jul. 16, 2011 at 4:23 am
Well, it's a good thing you know what love is... when most only know what they see outside.

Well, on the last paragraph, I think it's should be its with the apostrophe (').

This article is good. Way to keep writing!

shadowrider said...
Jul. 6, 2011 at 12:27 am
Never ever change! Love who you love! Be yourself! Never let anyone tell you different!

inki3 said...
Bravo, I love this peice, I love the theme of it. Keep writing, you are good at it.

Katsmile2012 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Please-love who you love

But don' let anyone change

who you are- stay strong

Zinaidia replied...
Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:26 am

Wow, this was a good piece.

And btw, true friends wont care who you date as long as you are happy. If you love him, go for it 

Also, very nice title haha. 

Zinaidia replied...
Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:27 am
5 stars by the way!