My Lost Brother | Teen Ink

My Lost Brother

June 17, 2011
By lifedancer BRONZE, Hillsdale, New Jersey
lifedancer BRONZE, Hillsdale, New Jersey
4 articles 22 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Time heals griefs and quarrels, for we change and are no longer the same persons."


It was November 20, 2008 when I got the call that turned my life upside down. From someone who I wasn’t even friends with. I was at cheer practice after school, and got a text that said ‘call me right away, its really important’. So I did just that, and sometimes I wish I never did. I was still on the phone with him when I started to cry and lost a piece of my heart that I will never get back. I didn’t want to believe him when I heard it. I thought that he was just playing a really cruel joke with me. My best friend, more like my brother was dead. He died on November19, 2008 at 9:10 pm. He was the only one that knew the real me. He was the only one person that stayed on the phone with me till I fell asleep. He made me smile even I didn’t want to.

The last day that I saw him alive was on Friday November 14, 2008 when I got picked in the car that he died in. I can remember the look on his face when we were fighting. We never said good-bye to each other. All we said was ‘I’m pissed at you.’ Those were the last words that I said to him. We never said how we really felt about each other, the one thing that I regret the most.

Its now a week later since he has passed and it still hasn’t hit me yet. It wont hit me till I see him laying on the satin cold and lifeless. I say ‘I’m so sorry about Kevin, he was like a brother to me’ to his father. He stops hugging me for a second and takes another look at me and then starts to ask me, ‘Are you the girl that called Kevin Keviiwevii?’ I am standing there with a blank face on trying to figure out how he new that, I say very low, just like a mouse, I say ‘yes’. He puts on a really small smile and asks ‘did Kevin call you Stephiiwefii?’ Of course I say, ‘yes that’s me.’ His dad starts to cry more and finally when he gets enough air, he replys “Kevin always talked about you, he really did love you, and you meant a lot to him.” That was when I got hit with a grenade and realized that he was never going to be here again for me to hug and make fun of his stupid jokes. Losing him was like losing your most prized position that can never be replaced. Its true that you don’t know what you have till its gone, you didn’t appreciate it, now its gone forever and you will never be able to bring it back.



R.I.P Kevin Michael

February 4, 1993 – November 19, 2008

“ hey lil sis its me Kevin I just wanted to say how you are the best lil sister anyone could ask for and that I’ll always be there 4 u if you ever get into any trouble I’ll sort it out and help you out as much as I possibly can so remember if you ever need anything you who to ask.

From


Kevin Big Brother =] “


The author's comments:
I wrote this for english class this year and my teacher told me that I should share this with people. This boy that this real story is about was and always will be the love of my life.