The Promise | Teen Ink

The Promise

June 11, 2011
By Alyssa1992 SILVER, Marysville, Washington
Alyssa1992 SILVER, Marysville, Washington
6 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
i'm not a perfect girl.
my hair doesn't always stay in place & i spill things alot. im pretty clumsy & sometimes i have a broken heart. my friends and me sometimes fight & and somedays nothing goes right. but when i think about it & take a step back. i remember how amazing life truly is & maybe. just maybe i like be unperfect...


I’m making a promise to love myself for who I and I promise to love my choses even when I fail. I promise to love you I promise to be there when you cry, to make you feel you’re special. I promise even though I can’t see your face or that I might never know your name ill still love you. I promise that I’ll always be there. I promise that when you think there’s no more time or there’s no reason to get up in the morning that I’ll be thinking of you. I promise that even though I might never meet you ill will always be your friend. I promise that when you’re down and out and feel like you have to give up, that they’ll always be another day. I promise that you’re beautiful and smart and special in so many ways. I promise that everything will work out. I promise that life always gets better and i promise that you’ll never leave my thoughts. Because I might not now where you are or who you are but I promise that I’ll always be there because I’ll always promise to love you for you. So promise me this to love you for yourself. Because i promise you you’re worth it.

I’ve been in some pretty bad places in my 18 years and I wish that when I was alone with no were to go that someone had said this to me because it would have meant more to me than anything. But no one did, but I never gave up on myself, I never let anything stop me from getting were I am today and now I have a life that I’m proud of. I know that this might not mean a lot to a ton of people but I might mean something to someone. Because everyone deserves to now some ones always there who cares.