Death Kiss | Teen Ink

Death Kiss

June 5, 2011
By Jeessaayyx GOLD, East Boston, Massachusetts
Jeessaayyx GOLD, East Boston, Massachusetts
13 articles 0 photos 2 comments

She leaned forward and kissed Jessica's forehead. Then with a bright smile, she whispered, "Bye, Goodnight." If only Jessica had known that, that was the last time she would ever hear those words again.

It was a chilly fall afternoon and I was finally going home. I was so excited to tell her about my day and the good news. Quickly, I got out of the car.


"Have a good night, sweetie," yelled out my uncle.

"Good night," I shouted as I got out of the car. As soon as I was out, I ran to the back door entrance. Garr, I dropped my Hello Kitty but I picked her up fast and continued rushing inside. Once I was at the door, I realized that everything was so silent. Usually, I could hear the food sizzling, tortilla's clapping, Bachata or Salsa being played. However, today, it was dead silent. I opened the door and felt an icy chill run down my spine. Something was wrong. Carelessly, I dropped my back bag on the white marble floor and held my Hello Kitty by the foot on my right hand. Wearily wondering, I paced through the kitchen and passed the dining room. "Ewe, what's that," I wondered in my head while looking at the red "paint" on the floor. I took two more steps towards the living room entrance to see what it was…

I froze. I dropped Hello Kitty. I was speechless. I could feel my heart sinking down to my stomach, my face sinking down to my feet. Everything was so blurry, so dark, and so fake. My body felt so cold, my insides were so hot. I could hear my heart beating in my ears. I feel a heavy weight on my shoulders. I could feel my body turning inside out, my insides pushed out, and my heart crawling out of my mouth. I could feel. I could feel. I could feel. Nothing.

The dead body lying, on the wood floor. The ruby blood scattered all around the dead body. Shut eyes, felt like a shut life. One hand covering was the stomach and the other hand on the floor. Her flawless face, the gun silently sleeping. The floor was weeping, the walls were blaring. The cracks between the wood floors were shouting for help. The room was bitter.

Not knowing what to do, I sat criss cross applesauce next to the the dead body. I picked up my Hello Kitty and laid her on my lap, her back was blood soaked; I did not feel it. Quietly, I look intently at the dead body hoping this was all a dream. The clear tears ran down my face as I soothingly brushed my hand on her lovely pastel face. I smiled and whispered, "I love you." I leaned forward and kissed her forehead. Then with a bright smile, I whispered, "Bye, Goodnight." If only I had known, this was the last time I would see her again.


The author's comments:
The last thing she gave to me, was her kiss before her death... The death kiss.