This I Believe | Teen Ink

This I Believe

By soto_03 BRONZE, Tukwila, Washington
soto_03 BRONZE, Tukwila, Washington

When success is said, a lot of people believe that success is just fame, money, and cars, but really there’s a bigger meaning to the word success. Success is a word that has been used to describe fame, money, cars, ect, but to me it means a lot more. Success to me defines everything you’ve earn based on the struggles, obstacles, situations and not giving up; fighting through the struggles, telling yourself your going to make it and hopefully someday make a change in the world that is how see and can define success.

I define success as a goal, dream, or something you want achieve. For me to reach success I must complete a certain amount of goals I have set for myself which are graduating from high school, continuing my education after high school either community college or 4 year college, and last is help my mom become successful as well.

To achieve these goals in life I must first continue to do well in school get good grades, study for every test, and never give up no matter how hard of a situation I am going through. In order to go to a university I must do well in high school, tests need to go to college so I must study and do well on those too. I want to hopefully go to the college I want to go to so that I can peruse my career in business and marketing, then getting a bachelors degree then moving on to law school so that I can get a degree in law because I want to be lawyer that helps out not only people but those that have immigration problem because I know a lot of people going through these problems that I wish I can do something to help them so as I got older and more wiser I hope I can use what I learn and help them fight for equal rights. The way I plan on making my mom successful with me is give her back everything she’s given me even though that’s impossible because she has done a lot for me, sacrificed a lot as well for me to be successful and when I do get my degree and move on to law school I help my mom out with any immigration problems she has because in the past she has had some and if my mom wasn’t here with me I don’t think I would be able to move on and continue without her.

So even though people see success as money, cars, fame ect to me all that means nothing If there is no hard work put into the things you want to achieve or success because everyone fails like George Edward Woodberry Said “Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.” So never give up and always work hard for your earning, goals, and the changes you want to see in life.