Stuntmen | Teen Ink

Stuntmen

By Bdawg325 BRONZE, Waterford, Michigan
Bdawg325 BRONZE, Waterford, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

It was Ben and I, at the top of a hill, ready when the time was right. Both of our sleds together like a train. I was in the back, being prepared for what lies ahead. All I remember from our last time doing this was that there were a bunch of thorns and trees. The hill was very steep too. We both give the countdown “3, 2, 1” and pushed our sleds. The breeze hits my icy cold face since it is the middle of December. I see what lies ahead and…

“Lets do this,” I yelled.

“Okay” He responded. We push ourselves down a long hill. We were going so fast that it felt like we were never going to stop. Then I saw a tree in the distance.

“Bail!!” He yells. I didn’t have the reaction time to do it. He jumps of the sled as I crash into the tree, like a crash dummy in a car.

“Are you still with me,” He yells out as I get out of my memories. My eyes see that the main jump is coming. Come on Brandon, you can do it I think to myself. Hands tightening around the grip, I bend down, prepared for the worst. 1, 2, 3 my brain thinks when we hit the jump.

I lay still on the ground with my friend near me. The bones that hold me together, ache with pain as the body I’m in slowly rises.

“You okay,” I ask.
“Yeah, you?” He responds.
“Fine, so you want to do it again?”
I noticed a kid who was out in the distance staring at us.
“That was AWESOME!”

For school