Carson I Miss You! | Teen Ink

Carson I Miss You!

By Coreyb24 BRONZE, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Coreyb24 BRONZE, Oshkosh, Wisconsin

The nights I came home late coming in the apartment seeing you lying on the tan old couch with some food you made hours earlier on your lap. I would try to get across the small cube we call a living room and not wake you up, but I never seemed to be able to get all the way there with out you saying “Corey come back out here”

I never thought someone could be more like my Dad then you when you yell at me for coming in late
“You had me worried sick! Where were you and who were you with” you said softly in a raspy voice.
“I was with Matt and James. Why are you always on my case for coming in so late” I quickly replied.
“I am the one who takes care of you and I get worried. There are a lot of things that can go wrong at night by just looking at the wrong person” you say with a lot of emotion.
“Well nothing like that has happened yet has it” I reply.
“Well I’m not going to wait up every night till it does happen because I don’t think I could ever tell your parents that some thing has happened to you. So you will be home on time for now on or you will have to be home before the sun goes down” you said holding back a tear.

“Alright fine I won’t do it again and if it does get late I’ll hit you up with a text” I say as I head to my room.

The one thing I remember about you is that you cared a lot about me and would not let anything happen to me. The thing that you did the best was make sure I didn’t get into any trouble and it seemed to stick in my mind since I got home I have not got in any trouble in the two years that you’ve been gone. It’s just me getting in trouble would make me disgrace you in everyway and I didn’t want to disappoint you. I still remember the times I walked in when you were still up and I would always get the same disappointed look and I would just sit next to you and we would talk about what I did and how I wouldn’t do it again. It seemed never to work until now I never get those talks and now I’m home 1 minute late just sometimes hoping to see you there at my house on the couch waiting to talk to me and tell me I’m late but it never happens and it makes me miss you more and more.

my cousin and i had a lot in commen and we never spent to much time apart