"Divorce" | Teen Ink

"Divorce"

May 20, 2011
By Anonymous

Divorce is a very sad thing, most people’s parents get divorced because of financial issues. Some other parents get divorced because they just can’t get along very well. My parents got divorced when I was very young, so I had no idea what divorce was. I got use to it because it happened when I was very young. My parents did not tell me why they separated; they want me to wait until I am older before they tell me. I know they didn’t get along, I remember screaming, the only thing they would do is fight. I was only 3 years old. My sister remembers more than I do because she was 5 when it happened. After my parents divorced, my mom got a house about an hour away from my dads house. It was a town house. It was very far from where my dad lived, so it was very hard to get to school. I had to wake up at 6:30 to get to school in the morning. I still went to school close to where my dad lived because it was better than the school my mom lived by. I lived with my mom half the week, and my dad the other. It basically evened out. I still go by this schedule to this day. I have gotten pretty used to this divorce. I had no choice but to, because it was reality.

The town house I lived in was awesome. It had three floors and was big enough for my family and I. We had gotten a dog at the time that lived with us for about 4 years. We had a yard with 10 trees and they were about 6 feet tall. I would always run around the trees whenever my brother and I played some type of game. We had a street behind our house that was really good to skateboard on. I would always skateboard in the neighborhood with my brother, we were the only kids in the neighborhood so we did everything with just the two of us. All the fun we had took away from the painful truth. Something everyone, even my parents were afraid to think about.