Day One | Teen Ink

Day One

August 9th, 2010, my 1st day of my 1st year of high school. I stood staring in awe at my magnificent school. I was about as lost as a whale in a dessert. I had no clue what to do, where to go, or how to do anything. I set off to attempt to find my first class.

No doubt I was alone at school. All of my friends left and went to West and I got landed with North. It was a bad situation. I had no friends and I was in high school. Oh, dear!

After wondering around for years I came upon my computer lab. I walked in and the smell of heat and computers filled my lungs. I love being a nerd. I found an open seat away from the front and sat hoping that a familiar face walks in. However, my luck was not that good. Nobody I knew came in. I spun to my computer and started it.

I stared at the flashing lights when a girl about 5’5 with brown hair plopped down next to me. “Hi! I’m Christy.” I chocked, I am the most socially awkward child you will ever meet. But I managed to squeak out a puny hey.
I looked away and tried not to blush when a football player landed in the chair beside me. I was genuinely scared for my life. He is about 5’7 with a crew cut and arm muscles the size of my throat. He seemed beyond angry. I whirled back to my computer and didn’t move a muscle.

“Alright class, look to your left and look to your right. These are the people sitting next to you for the rest of your year. The football player glared at me, then stuck his hand out. I couldn’t help but flinch. He said “Well I guess we better get to know each other. I’m Joseph.”

“James,” I said with a major voice crack. We shook hands and went to work. I left that day thinking to myself “There is no way we well get along.”

Three weeks later we were closer than anyone. We were the tree musketeers, the three amigos, the three best friends that anyone could ever have. I was amazed, shocked, bewildered. We could sit and tell jokes all class period. We would sit and just laugh like mad men until we passed out. Once we were sitting there talking about nothing when Joe fel out of his chair. I laughed so hard I fell out, then Christy fell out and we all got detion for insubordination. It was the funniest thing of all time.

Now I’m sitting here, the last day of school thinking of my friends. We wont be together again but we wont ever forget the amazing days we had. For some reason in the end I thought about the beginning.