The Last Hit | Teen Ink

The Last Hit

Elysabeth moved out at seventeen and never thought she would return. She dreamed of a perfect carefree life with her boyfriend. Her family seemed to be becoming too much for her to handle. Her life was complicated but never too drama filled. Little did she know, she was way in over her head.

Before David and Elysa were together he had a troubled past. By the age of sixteen he had been to a correctional facility. Along with being there they gave him psychological evaluations that diagnosed him with bipolar and ODD. At the age of 17 he had been in trouble for being violent with his sister.
Like a synchronized clock Elysabeth wakes up at 5:30 a.m. for school. Her eyes open and she sits up. The pounding and pulsating pain from the beating the night before left her in overbearing pain. With David asleep beside her, she climbed out slowly to not disturb the monster.

Elysabeth finally made her way into the bathroom. This room was the only place where emotions could escape from behind a locked door. She began inspecting her body for bruises and lacerations that could be serious. Her only salvation was the orange bottle that was hidden behind the mirror in the medicine cabinet.

With her being recently hospitalized for dehydration and stress she was prescribed medicine. After swallowing the large white pill, she tip toed back into bed and little did she know when she wakes her life will change forever.
***********************************************************************************

With missing another day of school on her mind, Elysabeth lurched her aching body into the passenger side of the car. David being chivalrous, he closed the door and walked to his side. With one turn of the key, they were off to Wal-Mart.