YOUniverse | Teen Ink

YOUniverse

My life is not what anyone else makes it to be. Everything is my choice. I will be what I want to be and who I want to be. Why should I let anyone stop me? There is nothing standing in my way. Correction: there will always be things in my way, but none of them are impassable. I can climb over, go around, or get rid of any obstacle that stands in the way of my goal. Why can’t I? That question has no answer. If I put my mind to it, I can achieve anything. People, and even the little voice in the back of my mind will tell me everyday that I can’t. I will tell myself that at points in my life. I have to consciously choose to not listen to them. I have to choose to plow through those opinions and show others (and myself) how truly great I am and what I am capable of. My life has worth. I may be one tiny person in this awe-inspiringly huge universe, but I can make my life in this universe worthwhile. Maybe it’s called the universe for a reason. YOU are in the YOUniverse. Make the YOUniverse what YOU want it to be. As Gandhi said, “Be the change you wish to see in the world”. This quotation holds so much truth. Who knows? The world may not change as you’d like it to in your lifetime, but if you start now, exemplifying what you wish for the world to be, your descendants may see that change. You have worth. I have worth. Whether we use this potential worth for good or bad is our choice. We choose what to make of our lives. I will do my best to be a good example in the world. Will you?