The World Will Keep Turning | Teen Ink

The World Will Keep Turning

By Dante_Aleman GOLD, Torrington, Wyoming
Dante_Aleman GOLD, Torrington, Wyoming

Just do you and let the rest blow past you

The world will keep turning, time will keep ticking but my mind will cease to move. The shocking realization that I am traveling down the wrong road is baffling. I can’t believe it took three years to realize it. I denied everything everyone told me I disregarded it and rejected it; it took only five minutes alone one day to realize that I am spiraling out of control.
Some days I look to the sky for guidance or assistance but the world keeps turning and time keeps ticking with no solution. I receive “help” form my elders but I always rebuff the assistance. I will never understand why. I desperately want to be my old self and not the boy trapped in a shell of a monster. The most important part in my journey down recovery road is I have to be self-sufficient.
So many people worry about me, so many people try to help me, so many people want me to be successful. But that’s not what I want. No matter how much I disregard the help and the people they still chase after me. It’s like I am in a maze and every wrong turn leads to more and more people. That’s how it feels anyway….
I have always had complications and troubles but I never have realized it. Some days I just can’t believe what I have become, what I have turned into. I look in the mirror and look past my completion to see a monster or what seems like the devil. Looking into the eyes of the monster I see a trapped little boy dying slowly erasing into nothing. The clear salty blood from that little boy fills up the monsters eyes and pours out of my eyes. I know I am a mess but like I said the road down recovery road means I have to be self-sufficient. But no matter what happens to me better or worse the world will keep turning and time will keep ticking.

I am half way down recovery road.