Being strong and thankful for it! Thank you dad! | Teen Ink

Being strong and thankful for it! Thank you dad!

By PapasGirl GOLD, Wahiawa, Hawaii
PapasGirl GOLD, Wahiawa, Hawaii

You never lose by loving, but you always lose by holding back.

I am 15 and my dad is in the Navy. As I have been growing up my dad has been making sure I can stand up for myself. I don't have any brothers, so I can't relay on them to help me when I am having problems with friends. So my dad has been "training" me to stand up for myself. So when a guy runs into me and tries to pick on me and pull all the crap that the other girls take from him on me it doesn't work because I have been raised to be strong and not to take a guys crap. I have heard girls complain about having to do push ups and having to lift weights, I mean grow up you aren't as weak as you think you are. You may not have a dad that pushes you but if you don't stand up for your self you become a target for PEople who like to pick on the weakest PErson. I can do several push ups and I am thankful that my dad won't let me quite what I have started. My dad pushes me to my limits and he will pick on me until I get him to stop. I know what it's like to be the one being picked on but over the years my dad has helPEd me. I am thankful that my dad has helPEd me become the PErson I am today. Girls you CAN do push-ups, you just don't WANT to do them.
I love to play sports and I love PE. I know its weird to hear a girl say "O I love my PE class." I like to play sports in my PE class too because then you can get boys and girls on a team. When you have those girls that think they are to good to play a sport, they really aren't. The truth is that nobody is "to good" to play a sport, there is always something you can improve on.

I hope girls will realize that we can do whatever guys can do and that they can do push-ups, play sports, stand up for themselves, and that they can be as strong as they want. You don't need a guy to defend you all the time you can do it yourself.