Remembering | Teen Ink

Remembering

By Pshkuda BRONZE, Hershey, Pennsylvania
Pshkuda BRONZE, Hershey, Pennsylvania

My Grandpa was known for many things, his ability to do math problem in his head, he was the only one to have the last call on how well christmas dinner was prepared, he could tell you a story that captivate any audience and he always knew the latest news on the stock market and his smile could put a smile on anyones face. He was also known for his inability to keep a secret.

"Pst, Peter. Come here, I have a secret to tell you, but don't tell Grandma or aunt Kathy or Grandma will pull my ear. You know Santa told me what you are getting for Christmas and I think your going to like it." "What is it Grandpa?" "Well I think he told me something about how you like to play on the computer, but I am not to sure, he just told me he is going to pull something in his back trying to get it here. He also told me if your not good you will get a piece of wood in your stocking, so you better be good, because I want to see it too." "Really! Okay Grandpa, ill be good I promise, pinky swear."

I guess its safe to say my grandpa was a highly respectable, self made man whose love and dedication has given me the opportunity to be sitting on my bed in my dorm on my MacBook typing this piece. I wouldn't be doing this right now if it weren't for him. He is given so much, but all I can hope is that he believed it was worth while and from the smile on his face every time the family sat down for dinner, I know he knew it was worth while.

He lived a very full and honorable live and I am glad he has given me nothing but great examples on how to live your life. Sometimes I feel like he has passed the torch down to me to cary on his name. After all, I am named after him, I do drive his car, and I do live every day as a token of his gratitude.