life. | Teen Ink

life.

My life, is and was full of surprises. everyday, i use to lay awake in bed wondering. Wondering, what are people going to think of me today? Is everyone going to turn on me all of a sudden? Am i hiddeous today? what if someone punches me today, because im different? life use to be so hard, i didnt want to go to school, because everyone made fun of me and always hated me. They judged me before they even got to know the real me. I was scared to do sports, and i was afraid of doing my work on time because people would call me a know it all. until, one day everything changed. I transferred schools, because i couldnt handle it anymore. Once I transffered, it was one of the scariest things ever. My family was dissappointed because they wanted me to stay at the normal high school. They didnt understand, but as long as i understood why i was doing what i was, i knew i was going to be ok. so i had a couple of friends that went there so i asked them for their help and then once i got more comfortable, i started to fit in. I had a bunch more friends then i have ever had. I had learned how to play basketball and i wasnt half bad. I wasnt the best, but i wasnt the worst either. I forgave the people who didnt deserve to be forgiven, and now my family and i are closer then ever. they understand now, and they love looking at me everyday and seeing my beautiful bright smile. I have an amazing boyfriend now, and lifes just going great, and people who say life isnt perfect, those people are right, its more then perfect.

what inspired me to write this piece was that, i needed to express myself somehow and this was one way how to do that.