Learning? At School? | Teen Ink

Learning? At School?

By Bodkinarrow BRONZE, East Northport, New York
Bodkinarrow BRONZE, East Northport, New York

It has always bothered me how few students at my high school actually like to learn. When asked, many of them answer that they go to school so they can go to college, and earn more money. Very few of them go to school to learn. I know a few who do, but even they complain that they would prefer a more specialized schedule so that they can learn the topics they find interesting. However, these negative factors in education will probably remain for much time to come.

The reason I go to school, is to learn. Learning is a wonderful experience that advances people throughout their lives. People will progress through their life, developing as people, when they learn. Learning in school is always a rewarding experience, and it serves as the main purpose of education. However, it seems like there are too many people in our country who are ignorant, and do not want to learn. There is an inquisitive nature that will come out in some people more than others. This can be seen in almost all children, but it gradually fades as people age. So, why is this period of school wasted? There is so much knowledge in the world, and it is wise to take every opportunity possible to learn about the world that we live in. I wish that we could remember everything that occurred to us, but it just isn’t possible. So, we should take every learning opportunity we can to learn the most about our surroundings.

It has always bothered me how few students at high school actually care about learning.