Mattress Hunting | Teen Ink

Mattress Hunting

By awritersesteem GOLD, Stafford, Virginia
awritersesteem GOLD, Stafford, Virginia

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your inspiration with others."

-Robert Louis Stevenson

I spent a week of my summer at a camp in North Carolina. Wingate University to be exact. My entire youth group went. There were plenty of jokes, Dane Cook quotes, silly songs, teasing, and plenty of other things. But the really funny thing? Well let me start from the beginning.

My youth group has four girls in it and seven boys. Out of the boys there are a set of twins. Rob and Rich. Well, Richard and the other boys thought it would be funny to play a prank on Robert. While he was at breakfast they took his mattress and put it in a closet in another dorm room. My youth pastor’s dorm room to be exact. My youth pastor is young, loves rap, and sports a Mohawk. He resembles Cristiano Ronaldo, the soccer player. Anyway, so Robert comes back from breakfast and sees his mattress is missing. So of course, he goes out and asks where it is. Everyone denies seeing it. We suddenly hear a crash. We hurried out into Chris’s room and saw Caleb sprawled out on top of the mattress, the closet door hanging off its hinges. Let’s just say Chris wasn’t happy.

The next day, they take his mattress at the same time and take it to the girl’s room and hide it there. Robert threatens but nobody admits anything. Finally, at around midnight, Chris made us give it back. Shame huh?

The next day, Robert came back from breakfast to see Tommy laying in a tree, on his mattress. The other guys were playing soccer nearby. Robert grows red in the face, running at Tommy. Robert is a football player, Tommy wants to be a marine. It was a pretty fair match. Atleast it would have been if it had gotten that far. Tommy grabbed a higher limp and kicked the mattress. It fell from the tree, tackling Robert to the ground. Oh, he was fine. Just a bit temperamental. Then he carries his mattress all the way up to the room by himself after the others refuse to help to see that that mattress was not his.