My Little Brother | Teen Ink

My Little Brother

By Beautifullz BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
Beautifullz BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois

Have you ever wondered which hurts the most: saying something and wishing you had not, or saying nothing, and wishing you had?

Me: OK I am going to interview my little brother Joel and here he is. First question is what was the happiest moment of your life? The saddest? Or the saddest?
Joel: When my best friend died.
Me: When your best friend died what?
Joel: George
Me: what about George? Why were you sad?
(a little bit of crying occurs)
Joel: What …what was the question again?
ME: Question was why was it that you were sad.
Joel: It was mostly sad for me because he was like a brother to me and yeah.
Me: And you did really like him as a brother.
Joel: yeah/
Me: Oh, Who was the most important person in your life? Can you tell me about him or her?
Joel: Well its George again because...Like…I use to play around whit him a lot and I have good memories.
Me: Yeah, I know what you mean because I actually grew up whit him too and I actually have many memories of him too but yeah….ok, who has been the kindest to you in your life?
Joel: That would be you because you actually help me out with my homework and stuff and cheer me up and stuff like that.
Me: Why tho…why would you choose me, that I am the kindest to you. Can you tell me more about it?
Joel: Well because you defend me more and talk to me more than my brother…so yeah.
Me: When in life have you feel alone?
Joel: It was when my little parrot died.
ME: Why did you feel alone? What made you feel alone?
Joel: It’s because I use to be with him most of the time and when I was bored.
Me: And now that you don’t have him you just feel alone without him?
Joel: Yeah, alone.
Me: Is there anything that you’ve never told me but want to tell me now?
Joel: Well actually, I don’t have anything to tell you because I actually told you everything and I don’t keep secrets away from you…yeah.
Me: oh. That is nice too know.

This is really meaning full to me because Ive never realize how my little brother felt and how he really loOKs up to me more, instead of my big brother. An that is something that I'm proud off because i don't want him to loOK up to him, because he is a bad influence and he ain't being a brother he is suppose to be, and its like if I'm doing that job. I'm actually OK with it because i see that he usually is being more positive. And i love being her only and for ever sister.