MARCH 30, 2011 | Teen Ink

MARCH 30, 2011

MARCH 30, 2011

Today wasn't just like any other day. Besides going to school and getting out at 12:30 for early release, there was something about today that was just so different, but amazing! I am on the Park City Snowboard Team and I am going to Nationals in Copper Mountain, Colorado on the first of April. So as I went up to the mountain to go train with my team, I got a sudden feeling of accomplishment. Like this is what Im suppose to be doing, and this is where I am suppose to be in my life. I am living my fairy tail! I got so excited and so pumped that I felt like I could take on the world. So, with this new found encouragement, I started my decent down towards the jumps in three kings. I decided that the only way that Im going to be able to do well at my competition, is to train and act like I want to do well. So with all of my might I threw myself off the first jump and stomped (stomped: landed flawlessly) my front three with a mute grab. Going into the second, I did the same thing but better! On the last jump, I decided to try something that I have never done before (keeping in mind that I made this decision within 4.5 seconds) I hucked a backside five and caught me edge right on the landing. I was somehow able to pull out of it but I came out with even more excitement than I was going down with. Life is all about making mistakes and learning from them, I just have to take dares and risks sometimes. It was such a good day!