Arrrgh apologies!

"I am terribly, utterly, desperately sorry. That wasn't what I wanted to do. That wasn't close to what I wanted to say. You have to forgive me. You need to forgive me. I did it out of my....because,since,as....Wait! no what am I saying? Lets start over. Okay! now with a different expression."

Its no secret that most of us practice this session before apologizing to any one. There are no exceptions. These feelings foster within everyone of us. However,its not entirely our fault. Our mere sense of astute obliges us to do what we are doing. Thinking back at times, I do remember practicing this ridiculous sessions many times indeed. Did I benefit from them? Yes, maybe up to a certain level but I have started believing that this sort of apology isn't somehow exactly "heartfelt" as it should be. When you are genuinely sorry for your mistakes and for the reason that you hurt some body's feelings than I don't think anyone needs these petty sessions to exemplify how one really feels. Isn't it?
So, how about telling the people you are apologizing what comes straight from your heart rather than inventing or discovering the right words for it? Wouldn't it be a lot more easier and true?