Dancee | Teen Ink

Dancee

By Youdontknowme. GOLD, New Delhi, Other
Youdontknowme. GOLD, New Delhi, Other

Love is not love which alters when its alteration finds,Or bends with the remover to remove: it is an ever-fixed mark.

Dance is a simple word but what it means to me, isn't simple at all. Infact, it's quite complicated. Or kind of stupid in a way, as some would say. Dance to people is a hobby or a time pass or even an art form, to me it's much more.

You know, everyone says dance helps to release emotions that we donot or cannot express otherwise, but to me it is the feeling of feeling, itself. You feel what you feel, you sense what others feel around you, you breathe the music and most importantly you just live, completely. It doesn't matter what emotion you portray, happiness or sorrow or excitement or grief or love, it all comes from a real place, within.

I left dancing for a couple of months in the middle and it was huge for me, because I've danced all my life. I'm a dancer. That's what I do. The break made me realize how much it meant to me. I'd go see my friends back at studio, she them dance, and smile and just breathe. Each time I went I could hardly hold my tears back because what I saw then was different from what I use to see. I use to see a bunch of people struggling with technique, maybe forgetting sometime, maybe falling clumsily or complete lack of coordination. Now, I saw people, who at that moment, no matter what, were truly really happy. Maybe they'd mess up some stuff, but then they'd get up and do it again and again. And they'd smile and laugh at each other, cheer each other up, and just dance their hearts out. There was a little magic in their clumsiness and little perfection in their imperfections and a 'I can do it' behind every 'I didnt get it'.
And at those moments, I was probably the most jealous person on the face of this earth. I couldn't help but think about how content and satisfied they looked. Why am I not that happy? I dont know if there is a sane answer to that, but I guess dance just gives me hope.

And now, that I've joined back, I feel more like myself with every passing day. And I dont even know what that means.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is if you have something that you're crazy about, do it. Don't wait for the right time or leave it because it seems like something that isn't really important at that point of time. Because, then there is always going to be a part of you, that's just plain lost. Incomplete.

Do what you feel like doing and do it with all your heart, and then maybe other issues would spin back into nothingness as you pirouette your way around. And any other problems just wouldn't be as big as your smile :)