Broken | Teen Ink

Broken

By McCoy13 BRONZE, Easley, South Carolina
McCoy13 BRONZE, Easley, South Carolina

I was in fifth grade. School wasn’t bad until we went to the play ground for football. My friend would throw the ball to me and the next thing you knew Touchdown. This one kid would always get mad when I got a Touchdown. So one day he said that he wanted to guard me, well short pass and a run for a Touchdown. Until that Monday he guarded me, he threw the ball to me and then SNAP!!! Broken Thumb. The football bent my thumb back and the bone came out of place.

The kid kept talking trash the next day saying “guess I can’t beat you today at football.” Its alright I get my hard cast tomorrow so ill beat you then I kept saying. I got my hard cast the next day and went to the playground cause I was going to play I said. I went to catch the ball and BAM broken wrist. But the good thing is that they put a hard cast on it that day that I got it on, so all that was going through my head was I can still play football tomorrow.

The next day at school I was determined to get to the end zone by passing that boy. When we got to recess we all decided to play tackle football without the teachers seeing us. I catch the ball and then I still had to run. I purposely ran at that kid, and when I did I saw him looking at my feet so I thought that he was going to hit my feet, so I tried to jump over him when I jumped he clipped my legs and I landed right on my head. And I sprain my neck I felt like a thousand needles stabbed me in the neck. When I went to school the next day I had two cast on my arms and in a neck brace, and I told myself that I would let this stuff heal before doing anything else.