The Power of Time | Teen Ink

The Power of Time

March 22, 2011
By RedRyan BRONZE, Highland, Utah
RedRyan BRONZE, Highland, Utah
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it you can never get it back.” (Harvey Mackay)
Time: our enemy when we are busy, our friend when we are available. Time is the universal controller; the dictator of our lives. We live to satisfy time, not the other way around. However, time doesn't control all the power. We have the power to use time to our advantage. Whether choose to procrastinate the project in English class, or start it right away is up to us. As we use time correctly we avoid many painful obstacles and are on top of things. But once we ignore time, you lose all control. We experience that each day. It's finally time to go to bed. You're exhausted and are fading fast. You see on the clock you have to wake up in six hours, but you say to yourself, "six hours is long enough." You collapse into the bed and shut your eyes. You awake in what feels like six minutes, but actually was six hours. When we want time to work, it usually doesn't. Whether it's when you want time to slow for sleep, or speed up for those boring lectures, it won't cooperate with you. Timing is everything. Such power for an intangible thing.


The author's comments:
Time is the controller, but we have the power to use it wisely.