For Papa

I never knew you in your former glory. But I always heard about how wonderful you were. How you loved all your children, and wanted them to live long and happy lives. I don't think I ever heard anything bad about you, no; just good things. A man of few words, but one with a big heart, that's what they said.
I remember the first and last conversation we had while you could still have them. You told me I was a wonderful girl, and that I was real smart, but that I needed to "get my head out of my butt". You also told me that I shouldn't waste my time with guys because they're all stupid anyways. Trust me now Papa, I believe you. But then, I looked at you, with wide young eyes and you laughed. You laughed that laugh so much like thunder that I jumped and you laughed again. Then I couldn't help but to laugh too. Our one conversation we ever had, was awesome.
So I'd like to thank you Papa. I'd like to thank you for letting me be in your family. I'd like to thank you for loving and raising my father. I'd like to thank you for being a happy man, but I don't think it's very cool of you to up and die on us like this. But, thanks you for having the guts to do it, I know you've been in pain Papa. Thank you for loving us.