Seconds

Life is made up of seconds. One second, two seconds, three seconds pass by. Second by second there is always something to do, something happening, something going on. 180 seconds to brush my teeth. 1800 to shower. A lot more seconds at work. And little seconds in between those seconds. Things to do in those seconds. Always a second, always something to do. The seconds are passing, one goes by, then two, then three, then four. On and on, the seconds don't ever stop. They reach unimaginable heights.

The children count how many seconds they can jump rope for, and the college students count how many seconds they can chug from the keg. The parents count three seconds for the kids to behave. In one second a shooting star is passing by, and in another a life is being brought into the world. Another second a life is ending. Wait a couple more and you will hear about the life that was just saved. Every little second counting more and more. Each individual second, another individual event.

Life is made up of seconds, counting until the life is done, and then more seconds for another life.

PennameGracie said...
This is great!