snow boarding | Teen Ink

snow boarding

By zackc93 BRONZE, Rochester, New York
zackc93 BRONZE, Rochester, New York

Snowboarding is probably my favorite thing to do in the winter time, it’s my favorite hobby. For Christmas my dad got me a season pass, I go about twice a week, im actually decent at it, im not a pro but this year im learning to do tricks on the advanced terrain, its only my second year snowboarding. I consider myself better than someone that has been snowboarding for a few years. I guess I learn easily, but last Thursday was the worst ride of the season, me and my buddys were filming, they put up a new launch box at bristola in the terrain park on the booter, to get on the box you have to gap about ten feet and then to land you have to jump about a 15 foot gap besides the jump, the box stands about 20 feet in the air. When I hit the box its in a angle and I wasleaning to far back my board came from under me and my friends said I basically did a backflip, I fell about 8 to 9 feet landing on my head and upper back. It happened so fast, I tore some tissues in my left shoulder and it hurts really bad but I think the harder you fall the better you get, so when I get better im gonna go to Bristol and try the same box again but this time actually land on the board not on my head.