Which Road Should I Travel | Teen Ink

Which Road Should I Travel

Often times, you come to a stop to think about what the right decision to make is. For me that is usually between two things that just happens to come up, whether it is a decision in between what your friends tell you to do, or something that you need to decide. This can even be a decision that can have a great impact on your life later on. I often have to make the right decision between two things that will probably have effect on my life later on. When it comes to decisions like these, I often think about the poem, A Road Not Taken by Robert Frost.
When I have to make the right decision between two things, I would have to choose very carefully so I make the right choice. This could be very difficult to decide because just by the once decision I make, everything could change. So when it comes to these decisions, I would want the choice of rather not making the decision and just act like I never had to deicide or choose both. The lines in the poem, “Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, And sorry I could not travel both”, perfectly explains me. I could just picture myself standing of two large roads, just like a game board with two separating ways, and not knowing which way would be the best for me. I have been in a situation where I had to make a decision between two things. One of my friends was not being the nicest person they could be to my best friend. At this point, my best friend was telling me that I shouldn’t stay friends with the other person because they would just do the same thing to me and be mean. But I thought, well why stop being friends with the other person if they aren’t being mean to me? I understood that they were being mean to MY best friend, but still… there was no point in for me to stop being friends with the other person. At that, I pretty much had to make the decision in still being friends with the other person and go my way, or listening to my best friend and cut relations with the other person. My decision was to go my way. It was wrong to loose a friend when nothing happened being the both of us. Just because my best friend didn’t like the other person, doesn’t mean that I can’t be friends with the other person.
At times, when I make decisions between two things on a hard subject, sometimes I make the wrong decision and later I see myself making the wrong decision, or asking myself why I didn’t choose the other choice. There is a line in the poem stating. “I shall be telling this with a sigh, …two roads diverged in a wood, and I…took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference.” It is hard to make the right decision between two things. This is mostly probably because I don’t want to go back and regret the choice I made.
Deciding between two things is not my favorite thing to do. I am also not very good at making decisions, but I think the poem, The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost has helped me in a way to think through the choices when I am making an important decision. I don’t want to go back and regret the choice I made, so I am going to just take whichever choice is best for me and make no regrets. Later on in life or any time in my life, if someone asks me if I’m living a very happy pleasant life, I would like to answer yes and not let just one bad decision ruin anything.