Those Ugly Words... | Teen Ink

Those Ugly Words...

February 9, 2011
By yareli GOLD, Terrell, Texas
yareli GOLD, Terrell, Texas
10 articles 1 photo 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
everyone is the same in a different way


Dear Yoselin,
I remember that sad day as it was yesterday, i was at the hospital talking to the doctor with the beard.
He looked confused and afraid to talk.I was hoping it wasn't any bad news.
Scared of what was going to happen next, the doctor told me that you had a problem with your heart. I felt motionless,mom was wondering what was going on since she didn't speak or understood English.I felt a cold chill as I repeated those ugly words inside my mind. I couldn't imagine how would mom feel after I told her the bad news.
With a sad look on everyone's face I could noticed that they were really sad. I really felt sorry for mom, she spent almost the whole day crying and worrying about you. She tried to smile when ever you were around. I wished everything could just go back to those happy times, when mom was always smiling and being playful.
While we were playing at the wii, mom broke the fun with her soft voice calling my name to go in her room. As i entered the room she told me to have a sit because she wanted to talk to me. She told me that I had to promised her that i wouldn't tell you a single word about your heart. I pinkie promise that i wouldn't.
Inside of me i was dying to tell you, in the other hand I knew i had promised mom, the words could no longer live inside my mouth,so i told you. I told you those ugly words, not only did i made you be afraid I also had broken my promise.
That night you layed beside me, crying because you were afraid that you were going to die. I didn't dared to talk. I wanted to take it all back,I wanted you to know that I didn't mean to make you cry. I couldn't sleep that night I felt like a prisoner who had stolen happiness.Something inside my heat was telling me that soon everything will be fine and that you were going to be OK.
It have been almost 2 years since that sad day,and I'm really proud that you were strong enough to fight back and didn't let a little bump ruin your life. I still have those scares from your tears in my heart.I never got to tell you how I felt or how sorry I was that night.I'm also glad that mom got better and that we got to see her beautiful, bright smile again. I learned that sometimes a lie that draws a smile is better than the truth that draws a tear.