I Am... | Teen Ink

I Am...

January 27, 2011
By PrincessC BRONZE, Lynchburg, Virginia
PrincessC BRONZE, Lynchburg, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Don’t judge me on what covers my outside. What you can see. What God created me to be. Don’t judge me on my difference, or what you may think I am. After all, aren’t you different to? Can’t you see you’re only judging your very self! If my book didn’t have a cover, you would have no choice but to look on what lies within me; what I am as a person. Whether you read me like a New York Times bestseller, layed me to the side, or ripped me out page by page, would not matter to me. I won’t allow whatever you say to affect me. I know different. God knows different. I am going to be the person God destined for me to be. I am not subject to you, but to God only! He is my only judge. Please, open your eyes and learn to see me for who I am… As a person. As your fellow human being. Refer to me as who I am; A Princess! A child of God! (Above anything else.) Learn to see me for this and nothing less…
I am who I am, and you are who you are. Be just that!

The author's comments:
What inspired to write this piece was the lack of love and the passion of hate people have fro others for some of the most ridiculous things! I sincerely hope others will get from this a sense of confidence and power of self-worth!