Turkey Sandwich. | Teen Ink

Turkey Sandwich.

By Lessie93 GOLD, New York, New York
Lessie93 GOLD, New York, New York

Bread.
The whole wheat kind.
Foundation of my life. It keeps everything together. The bread is my family. I have a mom and a dad, two older brothers, one older sister, and a twin brother. We are the Palestro Family. On holidays you will frequently see us, plus my grandfather head out to Pennsylvania to celebrate with the rest of our family.

Mustard. Yellow.
Tangy to the tongue and a bit different like myself. Left- handed. African American and Italian. 17 years old with a license to drive. I stand 5 feet tall with caramel colored skin and brown eyes. I can make a three leaf clover with my tongue and have a pogo stick record of 392 jumps. I don’t like haircuts and my favorite color is orange.

Swiss Cheese.
Getting through life’s holes without getting stuck in them. Failing a test, going to a new school, and losing a kickball game. Having to quit dance because I no longer have time for it Learning to have patience with people and not getting everything you want; the realization that things in life aren’t perfect.

Tomatoes.
I live outside New York City in the village of Chestnut Ridge. My town has a CVS and a horse stable. That is about it and if you’re looking for more you will have to go into other towns nearby. I live in a brown house on the corner. You can find me on the floor of my bedroom doing homework or downstairs in the TV room. If I’m not at home you can find me at the library where I work or at the mall with my friends. My small village is just another tomato in the garden.

Lettuce.
Versatile veggie and full of vitamins. Grows in cool sunny weather. Aids in digestion and promotes liver health. Reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, and cataracts. Lettuce helps people. I want to help people. Engineers help people.

Turkey.
The one time a year when all people are brought together and don’t have to work involves a turkey. This is during the holiday season of Thanksgiving. This is when the Palestro family clan travels to Pennsylvania. We celebrate and share in a meal that only lasts for a few hours, but making our family ties stronger.