The Accident | Teen Ink

The Accident

January 18, 2011
By Jessie12 BRONZE, Oak Park, Illinois
Jessie12 BRONZE, Oak Park, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

We were in the third floor dance studio, during 8th period gym. Anyssa started kicking me and then Becky started punching me. These were my friends why are they beating me up like this? Friends do not beat other friends up. Was there something I did for them to treat me like this? I never told anyone what happened, until the day I almost died.

We all got on the treadmills. Now, I did not want to go too fast on mine because just a couple days earlier I was working out with my mom and she yelled at me for going too fast. So this time I was going to go nice and slow. Becky whispered something in Anyssa ear; I was like tell me. Then the next thing I knew was that Anyssa was coming over to my treadmill.

I said “What are you doing”

“Oh just watch”

“Stop it please, STOP!”

It was too late. Anyssa set the treadmill to go eight miles per hour. I had forgotten what to do in case an emergency like this happened. So I was running as fast as I could, holding on to the handle bars on the treadmill.
“Help, Help, Somebody help me!”

Anyssa and Becky just stood on their treadmills and laughed at me as I was running so fast. I could not understand what was going on. Thankfully a very nice girl named Marie came over and turned my treadmill off, but right when she was going to I fell off my treadmill. I was lying with my face on the treadmill and the rest of my body on the floor. It took me a minute but I was eventually able to get up.

The next day I went to my dean office to set up a meeting with her. I explained to my dean that Anyssa changed the speed on my treadmill so I would fall off. Also, how when I asked for help on stopping the treadmill no one helped me right away. My dean suggested that Anyssa, and I have a meeting together. I said yes, and next thing I knew, I’m forced to talk to Anyssa.

“I’m sorry Jessica; I didn’t mean to hurt you.”

I said nothing; I had nothing to say to her. What was there to say? Anyssa was the one who tried to kill me. What are you suppose to say to the person that tries killing you? I was speechless.

“Jessica are you ok.”

“I’m fine”

“Anyssa give Jessica a few days, maybe then she will talk to you.”

The meeting ended, the next day came. The teacher talked to me.

“Jessica, I’m sorry this had to happen to you. In result, I will lower Anyssa grade.”

I was thinking to myself that’s all she gets no suspension, just a grade deduction. This is not fair, I almost got killed and all this girl gets is a grade deduction!

Like I mentioned earlier I was the new student the year this all happened. I had come from a school, where I would hang out with the athletes and “popular” kids. I always struggled with making friends, but 8th grade was my year. It was so much fun I had the best friends. Then 8th graded, ended and I had to move. I just made the best friends and now I have to leave them. I understood that it would be hard to make new ones at my new school, but I didn’t expect them wanting them to kill me.

As of right I’m no longer friends with both girls. Eventually I started talking to Becky again, she said I should have kicked Anyssa butt but I said I was in too much pain to do so. Since the incident Anyssa and Becky are no longer best friends. I do not talk to Becky and Anyssa no more. I do not really know why I accepted there forgiveness. I do not trust them with anything. It took me a very long time to forgive them. People ask why I forgave them I say because I believe in forgiveness and second chances. A wise person once said to me, “Treat others the way you want to be treated.” All I wanted was to be friends with Anyssa and Becky but I guess I was asking for too much.


The author's comments:
I wrote this personal Essay for English class. This is a very personal piece I have written and I really never shared this story with anyone. I changed the names of the people in the story accept for my name.