The New Girl | Teen Ink

The New Girl

January 25, 2011
By Arianaaaa BRONZE, Brandon, Florida
Arianaaaa BRONZE, Brandon, Florida
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Did you see the new girl today?
Spanish, lip ring, curly black hair?
Yeah, that's the one.
She's pretty.
I dont like her.
Her outfit is cute.
She's stuck up.
She seems cool.
Who does she think she is?
Where did she come from?
Why is she here?

I'm the new girl. I've always been the new girl and it never changes. I'm always moving. Some people would be scared to move around alot. They're leaving the place and people they grew comfortable with. I on the other hand love moving. The fact that I get to meet new people and see how different types of people go about things is exciting to me. I learned not to get so attatched to others. I get bored living in the same neighborhood with the same things to do, the same places to be and the same people to associate with. I am not one to be "the same". When I go to new schools I feel like all the attention is on me. People want to know me and see what I'm about. For some that's a bad thing but, I dont care. I accept the flirty looks from boys, and the grilling stares from girls. I listen to how they talk about me. I laugh when people say "I know her from somewhere" or, "I heard about her" when in reality I've never met these people. Being the new girl is a challenge, and I'm always up for a challenge. I'm ready to take on the next school I go to, and re-claim my title as The New Girl.