Mexico | Teen Ink

Mexico

January 27, 2011
By bobby6969 BRONZE, Palmdale, California
bobby6969 BRONZE, Palmdale, California
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
its time to nut up or shut up


Mexico is a place like no other. With its beaches and wonderful seafood makes it a very desirable location to visit. There is a lot to do and see in Mexico, whether you just want to kick back and relax on one of the many beaches Mexico has to offer or if you want to go and see the sights you will almost never run out of things to do.

We used to go down to Mexico once every summer. At first our family would camp on the beach with tents and sleeping bags, even though it was to warm to use them at night. But all of that changed when my dad brought home a black Honda TRX 250 quad. Shortly after he brought home two more quads then finally two more except the final two he brought home were Honda TRX 450s.

Some how, and I still don’t know how, my dad was able to unload the quad from his truck and get it into the garage without anyone noticing. I and my sisters were watching television and our dad comes in the room and says to us.

“Hey you guys come out here”, “come check this out.”
Little did we know what we were in for. They hadn’t discussed it in front of us, the idea of getting us quads. So when we went outside and saw this magnificent beast of a quad, well we were shocked and excited at the same time.

The next thing we get is a toy hauler which is just like a trailer but everything, with the exception of the kitchen and the bathroom, folds up so you can put your toys inside, hence the name toy hauler. We got our toy hauler from a company named American Freedom Trailers. On the inside this trailer has two bunk beds, three benches, a kitchen, a cabinet bed and a bathroom. We picked it because it was within our price range and it fit our needs.

Shortly afterwards we are on our way to Mexico with some friends trailing behind. We would always go to the same spot in Mexico, San Felipe. We got there after some time and all of us were tired of sitting. The sun would usually be setting or it would be dark when we got there, but all the same we were there. I can remember how hot the sand would get after such a short amount of time. If you forgot your sandals or shoes when you went down for a swim you’d better be prepared to run real fast to get back to camp. I wrote about this because many summers with my family were spent there. With or without quads and a trailer I wouldn’t trade those experiences for anything in the world. I’ve also learned many things from those trips, I’ve learned about quads, engines, trailers and I even picked up a little Spanish along the way.