"I'm not gone yet."

We were best friends and lovers. I loved him more than I had loved anyone else on this planet. He was a hopeless romantic and I was a klutz. He protected me without me knowing it until months later. He did not do it because he had to or to win my affection. He did it because he loved me just as much as I loved him. Someone tried to come in between us. I will admit it, he had done some things he wasn’t proud of. Things that got him in a lot of trouble. This man tried to break my love down. This man tried to get my love taken far from me. My love was kept away from me while I worried. I began to believe that I would never see him again. My love felt the same way. We both believed that he was going to be sent away. Somewhere where I would never be able to see him. I cried. I cried for a long time. I refused to get up or eat or do anything. The day I finally convinced myself to get up and take a shower, I sat in there for over an hour. My love had not been taken away yet, but I knew it was going to happen soon. I wasted the day away lying on the couch doing nothing, when I heard a knock at the door. I got up to see who was there and it was my love. My sweet, sweet love. I fell in his arms and cried tears of pure joy. He spoke to me, “I’m not gone yet. I love you.” I pray he never leaves again. He is now my very best friend. It is hard getting used to it, but I do not regret anything. I am glad. I still love him very much, and I cherish our friendship. Things will work out the way they are meant to. Que sera, sera. Whatever will be, will be.

DoubleAnnieAugusta said...
very cute, i liked it...maybe a little more detail next time? but still, fantastic job, keep writing

carmen9295 replied...
Jan. 29, 2011 at 6:20 pm :
I didn't want people to know exactly what happened and I made it so people could relate to it better. Using words like "my love" or "the man" made it so when people read it they could place in the names that made it more real for them.

DoubleAnnieAugusta replied...
Jan. 29, 2011 at 6:29 pm :
ohhh i see, well good job i really liked it