The Snowy Day | Teen Ink

The Snowy Day

By BlahBlah135 BRONZE, Lake Oswego, Oregon
BlahBlah135 BRONZE, Lake Oswego, Oregon

I LOVE MY MOMMY <3

As I cried, tears slowly glittered in the mist. Shivering and freezing, I tried getting out of the snow. Attached with the snow, I screamed for my mom. The monstrous pile of snow devoured me. The snow slithered on my neck and I felt the icy snow all over my body. I could see the hot chocolate. I could see the cozy home. I could see the happiness. I was only seven-years-old when I had this experience. My Mom said the snow is as tall as you and it’s very cold today, but I wanted to have fun. Are Moms always right? Or could this be rotten luck?

My Mom always had the instinct to choose good things and bad things. I asked her in an innocent voice “Mommy could I play in the snow for the afternoon? Sorry, it’s cold and the snow is as tall as you.” Begging her to let me go play in the snow, she finally agreed to let me enjoy this afternoon in the snow. Jumping for joy, I quickly got on my brown snow pants, red-striped jacket and headed out for the door. The white puffy snow glittered in the bright sunshine, and I made a snow angel. As I pointed to the roof, I saw shiny thick icicles waiting to be played with. Slowly making the perfect snowball I pelted the icicles as hard as I could, and a few icicles fell to the ground. Luckily, the icicles had the soft puffy snow as a landing plate. I grabbed the icicles and scanned my eyes right on the icicles like rich gold. As I headed towards my house’s door the snow collapsed, and my feet were glued into the snow like quick sand. I tried to get the icicles

out of the pile of snow, but magically camouflaged with the white snow. “I’ve lost the icicles” I said to myself in a mournful tone. Now I must get out of the snow. The snow crept through my neck like a python bite and I felt the intense chill. I tried to do everything I could to get out of the snow, but nothing worked. Every second, the chill got stronger and stronger, and I must get out of the snow. Why did I go in the snow? I should have listened to my Mom! I finally started to begin screaming for my life. I kept yelling for help. My voice started to crack. The cold air took away all my sounds. From a glimpse from my Mom’s room window, I saw her peek from the curtains. She sped, and grabbed her winter clothes and hurried into the backyard to get me. She jumped onto the snow, and dragged me out with her hands. When I got out of the snow, my snow boots were eaten by the snow and were soggy. When I got home, it was just like paradise: rich aroma of home-made hot chocolate with two mini-marshmallows, the cozy warmth of the home and my family’s love.

This Piece is from a personal experience in the snow.