Devastating letters | Teen Ink

Devastating letters

By LOVE13 BRONZE, Silver Spring, Maryland
LOVE13 BRONZE, Silver Spring, Maryland

"Here comes the sun"-Beatles

C. A. N. C. E. R. Just 6 letters. So harmless yet it is the word that changes thousands of lives. The word that dries your lips that makes a lump in your throat. Its so simple but not simple at all. When you were in kindergarten you were taught that if you try hard you will prevail. I can tell you that my godfather is a fighter, that my grandma is a fighter. So why? Why did they both fight, but only my grandma can remember it? So why is my godfather lying in a wood box under cold hard ground? I don't know. I cant tell you either. I guess life isn't always as easy as it seemed in kindergarten. However, one principle I was taught still seems to help me in life. It is that life is great, but also short. Live it to the fullest, its too short to waste. Cancer is hard. It took my godfather, my moms cousin, and a dear family friend. However, I am very grateful that I still have my grandmother. You have no control over things like cancer, so the best option is to be supportive and loving. My grandmother can now add 8 more letters to that devastating word. S.U.R.V.I.V.E.R. Just 8 letters, that change thousands of lives.

LOVE13 BRONZE said...
LOVE13 BRONZE, Silver Spring, Maryland

"Here comes the sun"-Beatles

I glad you liked it, it means alot. I really deeply sorry about your grandmother. Just rememeber life goes on!

RENEE234 said...
Wow!! This is amazing! I have never read an article before that touched me like this. I recently lost my grandmother to cancer and I sincerely feel your pain. Keep submitting LOVE13 you are definately going to take you somewhere soon!