The thing that took you from me

By , Velva, ND
You chose the drugs, and I had to pull the plug on everything. It hurt so bad, the way you laughed like it was okay. I just had to run away from the hurt that you made. You didn’t know what you were doing, or how it would hurt me. I’m sure you didn’t realize that our hearts would end up breaking, and we both would fall into misery.

Two hearts becoming separated. Drugs slowly killing the one I needed most. Was that dirty relaxation really worth this loss? It’s not about me; it’s about the life you lost. You lost your life because of that addiction.

Family life was the one that you thought you’d live. That future had come to life until you chose that poison. Your family was taken, but the saddest part of all is that you just had to let go. There was no chance of you getting me back. Growing without you there sure wasn’t easy. But somehow I found a way to carry on. No matter what, your song will remain.

Life, it just flew by and my heart is always aching. I always thought you’d get clean and I could come back. Somehow on that journey you managed to forget me. As much as I want to change it, it’s too late now. Sorry, my dear, but you’re already gone.

That painful drug addiction took you from me.

abeatleschick94 said...
Jan. 18, 2011 at 9:32 am
this is really amazing! It really is a vivid expression of what you feel.

Katie1234 replied...
Thank you. I have very storng feelings about such subjects, and it was an honor to be able to write a song about it.