How to Ride a Bike | Teen Ink

How to Ride a Bike

January 7, 2011
By TannerP3128 BRONZE, Mitchell, South Dakota
TannerP3128 BRONZE, Mitchell, South Dakota
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Riding a bicycle is an extremely easy process. First you need to find a bicycle that's the perfect size. An aluminum bicycle is a great bicycle to get. They make mountain bicycles and trick bicycles. You also need to raise the seat to an appropriate height. A good way to tell a good height for your seat is to raise it until you get to the point when you go to sit on it, and your feet reach the ground.
Next, you must swing your leg over the bicycle and sit on the seat and put one of your feet on one pedal. Finally you must push off and pedal the bicycle with both feet and keep your balance so you don't fall. Although if you are having troubles, you can get training wheels.
Once you have practiced enough you can begin to stand up and pedal to go faster. And when you get really great you can start ride wheelies, or maybe even hit some jumps. To ride a wheelie, you must be standing up going very slow, slow enough so that your feet are not touching the ground. Then you must keep the pedal to an angle so that one pedal is pointing up and one pointing down. Next you lift up on the handle bars and pedal as hard as you can. You have to practice often but once you keep trying it will get easier. You also need to make sure to be safe when you do it, wear a helmet, and knee and elbow pads. Overall, riding a bike is very easy and fun.


The author's comments:
This Essay is about how to ride a bike.