The Beautiful Boy? | Teen Ink

The Beautiful Boy?

By RavenMaeDobrev SILVER, Kernersville, North Carolina
RavenMaeDobrev SILVER, Kernersville, North Carolina

"There are so many others that have so much more talent than I, though that is what causes me to strive to be better than I am. It is my motivation, my inspiration; It is my strength."
~Me

You've most likely heard of the expression "Don't judge a book by its cover." It's a very tue statement. We should not judge others simply by our own ideas about them, especially since most of the prejudiced ideas about others tend to come from our friends. Now, when I use the term prejudice you may think I mean discrimination of another's race. And you wouldn't be wrong, except for the fact that I mean prejudice against anyone. I learned (the hard way) that judging someone by what others say is a big mistake. You see, there was a new student at my school. I had liked him ever since I saw him. But then people started talking. And they weren't talking about how cute he was. People began to notice he had anger problems and he drew strange things. He had an inward love of violence, though he wouldn't hurt anyone. And I could see that. But the rumors were spreading like wildfires. Yes, as any high school student knows, rumors run rampant in school. Everyone was very judgemental of him. I didn't like that at all. I tried my best not to be judgemental of anyone, (no matter how rude they are to me) and I still do. But the boy I liked, the one with dark brown hair, who was tall and tan was unique. He had beautiful brown eyes. I lost myself in them. He himself was beautiful. He never knew how loud he was being. And he loved to smile. He hid his pain inside as I did. He was six feet tall with brown hair and beautiful smile. I was in love with the guy everyone said was strange. I was in love with the boy everyone was afraid of. And he barely even noticed me. He probably doesn't think I even exist I would tell myself. But that boy, that beautiful boy was the same boy that everyone was scared of. He'd stomp his boots as he walked, he was taller than everyone and he was funny. But most of all, he was different. And so was I, in so many ways. Different from everyone in that school. We were both different from them. But we were so much alike. He hid his pain, he'd get angry, he would feel hopeless, he'd hope everything would just stop; And so did I. And then one day that boy started to notice me. I had his attention. Of course it wasn't because of anything I said. I was very quiet. Maybe whatever I was feeling that day, he could see and relate to. A few weeks later I found out I was to be in the school play. It was the last play of the year. (I had been in speech class, wich meant I had to try out for the play -it was mandatory.) I had one line in the play, and I knew I could dealt with that. At least it was just one. But someone else was in the play. It was the boy everyone talked about. His name? Well, I could tell you but then then I'd have to kill you. Let's just call him Jacob even though that isn't his real name. So Jacob was in the play. He had a huge part in the play. It was so intimidating for me to watch him rehearse. He was so good. I began to see him in a new light, since I'd had no classes with him, I really didn't know what he was like. Except for what I heard I knew virtually nothing about the boy I was in love with. But once I started to spend a little more time with him I knew there was nothing to dislike about him and everything to love. He really was a nice guy. The night the play took place, he asked me out on a date. It was then I saw how kind he was. He wasn't always angry, and he had good reason to be angry I found. I'm still working on helping him to get rid of that anger. I was his girlfriend, though I'm not anymore I still love him. He wants to get back together too. I really hope we do. He's too perfect with me that the thought of not having him is painful. I have lost many tears over this boy and I am certain that there are many more to come. I just want to say that I made many assumptions about this boy. And all those assumption were false, and almost every single one was fueled by rumors. Don't ever judge a book by its cover; You just might fall in love with it!!!

I wrote this about my ex boyfriend. I know, I know, I'm working on it. I think we may get back together soon. I hope we do. I love him way too much to lose him.
"Hope is the substance of things wished for,
The evidence of things not seen"