Gone So Fast

It's over. These are the only two words that could bring me to tears. 13 years and 8 months. 13 years and 8 months. Were they all just lies? You raised me from the start of my life. You were my only REAL father. I didn't know two words could hurt me like those two just did.
The truth is that I actually believed that you cared. You lied for so long and now I'm dying inside. My life is falling apart. I want you to know that it's your fault. I just don't understand how I could lose you, my world, an instance after two short brutal words departed from your lips.
You lied through your teeth while looking me straight in my eyes with a grin on your face. You turned your back on your whole family, your own kids. Me. You don't deserve to inflict so much emotional pain on me and I hate myself for letting you do so.
You helped me realize something though. Something crucial that was your defense against me in this huge lie of a family. I never needed you and I never did. Our lives would've ended up the same regardless if you had you been with us from the start or if we weren’t even aware of your existence.

The pain in your eyes after knowing that I've figured you gave me the pleasure of knowing that I got revenge. I was blind then but now I can see. We never needed you, but you always needed us.