Welcome To My Life...

By , Franklin, IN
Dancing gave me the strength to look in the mirror every day and tell myself, "You are beautiful and I love you." Dancing gave me the courage to face the judgmental world every day with a newfound happiness. Dancing was my shoulder to lean on, the icing on top of the cake, anything and everything I could ever ask for.
Discovering the joys of walking into a dance room, to look in the mirrors and wonder what you will accomplish that day, gave me the encouragement I did not get from others.
But now, I find myself dreading the days I have scheduled practice times for the high school dance team. I groan to hear the voices of my teammates. And my mood turns sour when I walk into the room for another grueling two hour practice with the people who tell, not show, me the moves that they want "perfected".
Dancing used to be my escape from my depression and eating disorder. But now, I can barely breathe from the suffocation that comes from being stuck in our dance room.
We are supposed to be a team, and yet, I can't even stand them as people.
I am determined to find motivation to continue my dancing career and to get back to the passion and fire I once felt; however, I need help on how to find myself again. Great dancers can get lost in the music. A lone person can get lost in the world.