Secret Place O' Bush | Teen Ink

Secret Place O' Bush

December 3, 2010
By Ashleigh_Manning SILVER, Hawkes Bay, Other
Ashleigh_Manning SILVER, Hawkes Bay, Other
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Those once familiar smells of the sweet summer breezes become cold, sharp feelings as winter, yet again, has entered the area that holds a special place in your heart. This place still creates the illusion of peacefulness. It still makes the world around you stop, seem like nothing else matters, that everything just makes perfect sense. Life, falls into place.

As you walk through the distance again getting closer and closer to that destination of free thinking, the radiant sun no longer shines down on you, the dark clouds now have taken its place, looming down on anyone that dares to venture outside for any reason. You still make the journey.

You become into a different mood, one that is similar but very apart from the other mood. This one creates a more nervous feel. This makes you look around in a panic, then you calm down seeing nothing of bother.

You are near the road but far enough away to barely hear the once brisk noises of traffic now barely hearing anything. You are surrounded by bush, not much of it though. The once dark green leaves are still on the tall trees in the nearby clearing however are coated in that precious white coldness winter brings. Over that soft light green colored grass which has become damp and white with that precious winter gift, you place a plastic blue sheet to place yourself on top of it, preparing yourself to think and write.

You look around at the towering now damp trees in the nearby clearing, searching for inspiration, searching for that one magical sentence to beckon itself inside your mind to begin the flow of words on paper. You look toward the once flowing waterfall, now a circle of ice, hoping that this will once again trigger the flow of words.

The flow of words is, at last after a few short minutes, triggered by the silence around you. You jot down the words as they flow into your distant mind. Soon enough, you have a page and a half of words in front of you.

It is still just as magical, what this place can do for you, when you need somewhere quiet to be, regardless of the season, to write down your feelings after a rough day, you can always count on this place to be perfect for that. This place makes you more peaceful, more happy. Summer's due to arrive once again like it does every year. You hope that it resumes the same fate last summer did.



The familiar smells of the sweet summer breezes enter your mind as you walk to that special place in your heart. The place that creates the illusion of peacefulness. When your in this place, the world around you stops, nothing else matters, everything just makes perfect sense. Life, just falls into place.

As you walk through the distance getting closer and closer to the destination of free thinking, the radiant sun shines down on you like a limelight on an actor performing a play.

You become more placid, more tranquil, more serene. you enter a mood, this mood is familiar but is one you have not felt in what feels like forever. It makes you feel composed, ready for anything. Happier than you have felt in awhile.

You are near the road but far enough away to barely hear the brisk noises of the traffic. You are surrounded by bush, not much of it though. The dark green leaves are still on the tall trees in the nearby clearing. The soft light green colored grass which yet has to fade away with the change of seasons, cushions your palms as you place yourself on top of it, prepared to think and write.

You look around at the towering trees in the nearby clearing, searching for inspiration, searching for that one magical sentence to beckon itself inside your mind to begin the flow of words on paper. You look toward the sound of water trickling from the wee waterfall into the small creek below, hoping this will trigger the flow of words.

The flow of words is, at last after a few short minutes, triggered by the sound of the birds quivering in the treetops above you. You jot down the words as they flow into your valiant mind. Soon enough, you have a page and a half of words in front of you.

Its magical what this place can do for you, when you need somewhere quiet to be, to write down your feelings after a rough day, you can always count on this place to be perfect for that. This place makes you more peaceful, more happy. Winter's due to arrive again like it does every year. You hope that it doesn't resume the same fate last winter did.


The author's comments:
One half is in a now time frame, the other is in a then time frame. work it out for yourself!=]