It really can happen in a blink or a flash, on March 6th 2010 I was a normal girl sleeping in her bed peacfully. At about 1:00 am on March 7th the worst happened. It was a sunday morning and when I heard my parents yelling I thought it was time to get up and start the day. I had no clue what time it was and really did not care. So I stumbled to my bedroom door prepared to feed the animals and do my morning chores. What I did not expect was a bright light when I opened my door. In the next second a fireball shot across the hallway from my sister's room. It just felt like a ball of hot air had hit me. I instantly dropped to my knees and crawled to the living room. It was smokey and hot. my parents told me to roll on the floor to make sure I was not on fire. during all this my sister was still in her room searching for her dog. she stood in the flames not bothered even though her room looked like a furnace. It was a scary sight. She finally came out and she was still standing. she danced out of her room like she could not feel the heat nor notice all the smoke around her. a friend we had staying at the house opened the front door and the cat was the first one out of the house. eveyone else followed right after. my mom was the last one out because she grabbed the cordless phone and her purse. all this happened within 3 minutes. as soon as we were all out side the house was consumed within another 2 or 3 minutes. my mom had just enough time to call 911 to report what was happening before the phone line burned through. It happened fast. after we got out my dad yelled at someone to help him with the garden hose so he could try to save part of the house. he also yelled at someone to move my grandmas car because it was too close to the house. during all this I did not notice my arms nor my face was burned nor did anyone else. It was absolute confusion. after we completed the tasks my dad wanted done he yelled at my mom to get us kids away from the powerlines and the house due to the fact the 10,000 rounds of 22 ammo we had stored in the house was going off like popcorn. It was when we got to the end of the driveway I noticed my arms were burned due to the moonlight hitting me just right. What happened is I was wearing a shrit that had nylon sleeves and they melted to my skin. We ran to the neighbors house and started banging on their door to get up so my mom could call 911 again and let them know to send an ambulance. It took 20 minutes to get there to my house. It was the longest 20 minutes of my life. after that I just remember bits and pieces. most of the house was gone and I was in the hospitial. I had 3rd degree burns on both my arms and hands and a 3rd degree burn on my face. After I got out of the hospitial I learned my bible made it through the fire and all the other bible's made it through the fire also. my dad also told me when he found each bible they were all opened to psalms 23. That was a miracle to me. That is my story on how my house burned down.
December 3, 2010