How To Survive High School | Teen Ink

How To Survive High School

November 28, 2010
By lolofosho BRONZE, Meadow Vista, California
lolofosho BRONZE, Meadow Vista, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

1.
Don’t go into high school as a freshman thinking you are the best. As you probably know you are at the bottom of the food chain and the seniors are at the top. Imagine you are a beautiful and graceful gazelle which would make the seniors ferocious and fierce tigers. You are prancing along the school grounds and the tiger sees you, just waiting to attack and its mouth watering. Basically if you piss off the seniors they will devour you. So watch your back.
2.
Do not rush off to the quad for lunch after your third block. If you run out or fast walk out to the quad to meet your friends, chances are they won’t be out there or they may have second release. So you will be standing in the quad, by yourself looking like you have no friends. Your already a freshman and don’t have nearly as many friends as the seniors, so take this advice and walk slow to eat lunch in the quad. This also applies for before and after school. You don’t want to have your parent’s drop you off and have to stand by yourself in the morning, or make you wait by yourself for them to pick you up after school. So make sure you plan everything out.
3.
Senior guys will always be “interested” in the freshman girls. Don’t fall for their trap. Yes, they are probably very good looking compared to your scrawny freshman guy friends but don’t be the naive little freshman girl. Stick to the scrawny freshman guys until you are older to understand the senior guy’s intentions.
4.
Try your best in every class. Freshman year may seem like its not important and you will want to take all the easy and fun classes. It is very important that you start preparing for college as a freshman and take classes that will help you go onto a college that’s right for you. As freshman we all want to take fun classes that you do nothing in, but you’re going to have to try a little more than doing nothing and texting all period. And trust me teachers don’t like you texting, neither do your parents when they find out that’s all you do during class. So sit back pay attention and try your absolute best.

So all in all of course you will eventually graduate your freshman year, but it may seem like the longest year of your life. In a nut shell be yourself (which is not trying to be better than the seniors), don’t run to lunch (you will stand there with no friends for about 5 minutes), stick to the freshman guys (sometimes scrawny is better than the senior guys intentions), and try your very best (start preparing for college as a freshman). If you follow those tips you will be sure to breeze through freshman year and have a great 3 years after in high school.

The author's comments:
this piece was for a theme write survival. i wanted to do something fun and that i could relate to.